- Issue Time
Due to the needs of the medical staff, sometimes the scrub uniform will be stained with some stains or odors. Odors can be transferred from the body to clothes through sweat, blood, vomit or other substances. Due to work needs, these odors can easily be produced during work. The first thing that needs to be done is to distinguish the source of the smell.
How to remove smells from scrubs?
We have introduced the news about how to clean the stains on the scrub uniforms before, you can click to read it.
Due to the needs of the medical staff, sometimes the scrub uniforms will be stained with some stains or odors. Odors can be transferred from the body to clothes through sweat, blood, vomit or other substances. Due to work needs, these odors can easily be produced during work. The first thing that needs to be done is to distinguish the source of the smell.
If it comes from our own smell. Make sure to buy breathable scrub uniforms, breathable fabrics can keep your skin dry, even if you sweat a lot, it can quickly become dry. In addition, find a suitable deodorant and try to avoid using antiperspirants. This will greatly reduce the body odor of your scrub uniform.
If it is an external odor, please choose one of the methods to clean the scrub uniforms according to the situation:
1. Soak. Add detergent in warm water, then soak the clothes in the water for 30 minutes, and finally wash normally (the detergent can be whatever you usually use or the fragrance you like)
2. Use baking soda. Take out an appropriate amount of baking soda and put it in a small cup, add a little water at a time, until you get a paste with roughly the same consistency as the toothpaste. Wearing gloves, pour the mixture into the clothes until it is completely saturated, and then wash as usual. (This method is most suitable for the armpits of frosted tops or other places with strong smells)
3. White vinegar. Although the taste of white vinegar itself is not good, but white vinegar has a great effect on preventing the discoloration of clothes and removing the smell. Before washing, soak the smelly clothes in water with a cup of white vinegar and wash them normally after soaking for 20 minutes.
4. Bleaching agent. Please use it with caution! Although bleaching agent is one of the effective ways to remove odor, bleaching agent can damage the patterns of clothes and colored clothes greatly, and it is easy to cause the patterns and clothes to fade. So carefully consider using bleach to remove odors.
5. Use cold water and enzyme cleaners. Hot water can make stains or odors more stubborn, so try to avoid using hot water. Soak the clothes in cold water and add appropriate enzyme cleaners, soak them for 20 minutes and then wash them normally.